The Todd A. McKinley Scholarship (2024)
Updated: Aug 10
Memorandum For: Sullivan West Ridge High School Seniors (Class of 2024)
SUBJECT: The Todd A. McKinley Scholarship
1. I’m pleased to announce the Todd A. McKinley scholarship for the third graduating class of West Ridge, the Class of 2024.
2. This scholarship will be available to only 1-graduating senior, from West Ridge’s class of 2024, the third graduating class. It will be awarded primarily based on character, academic qualifications; career goals, projects, accomplishments, and educational plans, and any recommendation letters will also be considered. The amount of this scholarship is in the amount of a one-time payment of $500, which will be made to the awardee after officially and successfully graduating, but the winner will be named during the 2024 awards day.
3. Minimum Prerequisites:
a. Be a person of good character.
b. Be a West Ridge 2024 graduate in 4 years or less.
c. Have at least a 3.0 GPA
d. Be involved in at least one extracurricular activity outside of normal school hours, either sponsored by the school or a reputable organization. Regularly volunteering in the community will suffice.
e. Not required but encouraged: A letter of recommendation from a West Ridge faculty member, former Teacher, an elected official, community leader, coach, etc., but not from a relative.
4. How to apply:
a. Complete the attached application. (Email me for an application: Todd@toddmckinley.com)
b. Submit all required documentation before the deadline. Applications will not be reviewed until after the deadline, therefore changes to submitted applications will be allowed until then.
5. Application deadline is 5:00 pm on Friday, April 5th, 2024.
6. Submit all applications to Todd@toddmckinley.com
Subject: Todd A. McKinley Scholarship: Your Last Name, Your First Name
Title all documents appropriately. Use Word and/or PDF if possible.
7. I look forward to receiving the applications and rendering a timely unbiased decision. Note, my decision will be based solely on the criteria above, no applicant will be discriminated against based on race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, etc.
8. Any questions and all applications should be emailed to the undersigned.
Todd A. McKinley, BA, MSL